About this conference:
In all countries and at all times, wrongful convictions have never been avoided in the criminal judicial field. Generally speaking, wrongful convictions usually hurt innocent people and violate human rights. As the idea of human rights increasingly deepens in China, it is of great significance both in reality and in theory to hold an international conference on wrongful convictions.
In the conference, more than 100 criminal law scholars, judicial personnel, local lawyers and wrongful convicted victims will be invited to deeply discuss typical wrongful convictions in the judicial practice of countries in the world.
August 6th(Mon)-8th(Wed), 2012
Greet Garden Hotel in Changchun city, Jilin province, China （Senior prosecutors research and advanced study center of Jilin province）
Deepen judicial reform and prevent wrongful convictions.
Conference topics include but not limit to the followings:
- how to understand the phenomenon of wrongful convictions,
- how to prevent wrongful convictions,
- how to compensate wrongful convicted victims,
- the comparison of systems in different countries related with wrongful convictions,
- how to improve the wrongful conviction prevention system, the state compensation system, and the wrongful conviction accountability system in China
- Paper Submission deadline: July 20th, 2012
- Presentation PPT Submission deadline: July 20th, 2012
Prof. LIU Pinxin E-mail: email@example.com
Prof. LI Lifeng E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Conference Secretary, ZHU Mengni E-mail: email@example.com
The Research Center of Criminal Justice, Renmin University of China;
The School of Law, Jilin University, P. R. China
The Research Center of Wrongful Convictions, Renmin University of China